2nd BIENNIAL STUDENT SUCCESS SUMMIT
Inspiration to Realization:
Partnering for Every Student’s Success
February 1 - 5, 2021
About the Summit
The 2nd Biennial Student Success Summit convenes University of Oregon faculty, staff, and graduate employees for a week of learning, networking, and sharing of student success best practices. The theme of the summit is “Inspiration to Realization: Partnering for Every Student’s Success.” During the virtual summit, attendees will have an opportunity to learn about innovative strategies and best practices in undergraduate education, to share our collaborative efforts across campus in the era of a pandemic, and to create partnerships that advance support for our students post COVID.
2020 brought unprecedented challenges and highlighted long-existing inequities in this country. As we fight the pandemic and racial injustices, we are reaffirming our commitment to support the success of every student by closing the opportunity gaps that exist at the university. The University of Oregon embraces a definition of student success that highlights five areas of success: “Our students will graduate from University of Oregon having had a positive experience, and will be well educated, socially responsible and career ready.”
Student success is part of everyone’s everyday work and developing partnerships is paramount in supporting our students. Through the Student Success Summit, we hope you will share and learn about effective strategies and best practices in student success during a pandemic, engage in discussions about supporting minoritized students and fighting for equity, strengthen existing partnerships, and discover new collaborations.
- When: Monday, February 1 through Friday, February 5, 2021
- Where: virtual
- Who: UO faculty, staff, administrators and graduate employees who support the success of our undergraduate students
- Registration: free
ATTEND THE SUMMIT
The Planning Committee
The 2nd Biennial Student Success Summit is sponsored by the Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success and planned in collaboration with campus partners.
The 2nd Biennial Student Success Summit Planning Committee members include:
- Hiroe Sorter, Director of Strategic and Programmatic Initiatives, Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success (Chair)
- Rosa Chavez-Jacuinde, Associate Director, Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence
- Austin Hocker, Assistant Director of Research and Assessment, Teaching Engagement Program, Office of the Provost
- Kimberly Johnson, Assistant Vice Provost for Advising, Undergraduate Education and Student Success
- Katy Lenn, Head, Research and Instructional Services, Libraries
- Lori Manson, Director, Office of Academic Advising
- Anna Schmidt-MacKenzie, Director of Residence Life and Educational Initiatives, University Housing, Student Services and Enrollment Management
- Paul Timmins, Executive Director, University Career Center, Division of Student Life
For questions, please contact Hiroe Sorter at email@example.com.